The cultural capital of Flanders, Antwerp, is an outstanding historic centre for Belgian craftwork and artistry.
Antwerp is a bustling city which no one gets enough of. Around every corner there is something that will surprise, excite and move every visitor.
Places to visit:
- Grand Place(Grote Markt): It is a town square situated in the heart of the city.
It is filled with city hall, restaurants and cafes.
- St. Paul Church: A Roman catholic church located at the Veemarkt in Antwerp.
This beautiful and large church is worth a visit.
- Butcher's Hall: One of the oldest historic buildings in town and is now a museum of applied art with prehistoric Egyptian, Roman artefacts.
- Antwerp Zoo: Right in the centre of the city is one of the finest zoos in Europe in terms of species, success in breeding, natural environment, and architecture.
- Ruben's House: Located at heart of shopping district, it is a place for interesting artworks. Needs at least an hour to visit.
- Royal museum of fine arts: It is a group of museum known for containing visual arts of the country.
Where to Stay in Antwerp:
If you visiting for the first time, the ideal place to stay is Old Town with hotels like SLD, De Witte Lelie Antwerp, Hilton Antwerp Old town and Hotel Julien.
Steps away from Antwerp Central Station are Park Inn by Radisson, Antwerpen and Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel.
Hotel Diamond and Pearls comes under a few budget hotels in the city.
One Day In Antwerp:
If you have just one day in Antwerp, then I suggest you to visit The Central Station, Shop in the Meier Street, go to Rubens House which is one of the unique museums, and explore Groenplatz, A historic square in the city. So pack your bags, and take a visit to this amazing city.